August 24th, 2016 | Announcements
Louisiana Flood Relief Scholarships
While recent flooding around Baton Rouge, Louisiana has been devastating, so many in the community have stepped up to serve and provide relief for their neighbors. Thanks to the generosity of our education partners, Arete Scholars has a limited number of new K-12 scholarships available in the Baton Rouge area for the 2016-17 school year. Due to state law, immediate action is required to apply for the scholarship aid.
Students from qualifying families may apply to receive Arete scholarships to the following schools:
The Church Academy
LaFayette Christian Academy
Bethany Christian School
Christian Life Academy
To be eligible by law, applying students must meet the following criteria:
Attended a Louisiana public school for all of 2015-16, OR
Attended a Louisiana non-public school for 2015-16 on a TDR or Louisiana State Scholarship, OR
Entering kindergarten for first time in 2016-17, AND
Louisiana resident, AND
Family income may not exceed program maximums.
Due to state deadlines for enrollment, all applications must be submitted including ALL supporting documents by Aug 31, 2016. Please fax supporting documents to 888-797-6310 to ensure proper handling. We will make scholarship award decisions by Sept 9th.
WHAT WILL I NEED TO APPLY?
- Required Documents for Tax Filers (please submit all that apply)
- 2015 tax return
- All 2015 w-2’s
- Required Documents for Non-Tax Filers (please submit all that apply)
- Most recent unemployment compensation statement
- Alimony as shown in a court decree or agreement
- Most recent W-2 from all employers
- Most recent pension statements
- Most recent Social Security benefits statement
- SNAP Benefits
- Louisiana Purchase Card Budget Sheet or Benefits Statement